The purpose of the Global Engagement Fellowship Program is to help outstanding students at the University of Oklahoma to become knowledgeable, thoughtful, and active global citizens with a strong understanding of the international community.
While undergraduates at OU, Fellows study abroad at least twice, gain proficiency in a modern foreign language, and become actively involved in international events and activities on campus. They also create e-portfolios to document their journeys, which you can enjoy on this website.
To be eligible for funding and certification at graduation, students must:
- Participate in program meetings and events
- Successfully complete the course IAS 2003: Understanding the Global Community
- Gain or demonstrate proficiency in a modern foreign language
- Study abroad at least twice – one short-term (typically summer) program and one long-term (semester or year) program)
- Participate in an annual “Global Engagement Day” and present on their study abroad experiences
- Participate in at least 4 international events each academic year
- Be an active member of at least one international student group
- Consider applying for a Fulbright fellowship, typically in the fall of senior year
- Maintain a 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Keep a blog documenting their experiences and reflections
- Students are encouraged (but not required) to earn a major or minor in international studies
For more information:
Contact Brittany Donnelly Da Silva, OU’s Global Engagement Fellowship and Coordinator in the Education Abroad Office.
Phone: (405)-325-1693; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org